Sunday, January 01, 2006

Where to start?

It is New Years Day 2006, a year that I now face with my left leg attached to a modest scaffold constructed from the finest Meccano I have ever seen.

The cause of this was an accident which occured while I was gliding in late November.

It is not important to this story to try and explain how the accident happened. Any aviation sport carries risks and all pilots acknowledge those risks when they fly. Gliding is inherently very safe and well managed at both national and regional levels. However, accidents can, and do, happen. My accident will be the subject of a formal investigation and report which will highlight the lessons to be learned for future pilots. Until then I will confine my comments to a plea that this, or any other accident, should not put anyone off engaging in this most wonderful sport.

As far as the tale goes, I have no idea where it will lead, but obviously I hope it will end with me fully recovered and flying again. Only time will tell.

1 Comments:

Blogger Be Brief said...

did you abandon the blog?

12:13 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home