Sunday, January 01, 2006

Why Blog?

Obviously I didn't plan the accident and so I certainly didn't plan to create this blog.

Having gone through the trauma of the initial hospitalisation and realising that I was to host my new Ilizarov frame for a while, I thought it a good idea to try and find out a bit about what to expect.

The hospital do provide some very useful information about how to improve the healing process and avoid the pitfalls such as infection and muscle wastage, but what about the practical day to day issues?

My initial web search uncovered The Ilizarov & External Fixator Wearer's Support Group run by Slim Haines which was an inspiration to me. I decided immediately that I should document my own experiences as they occur in the hope that they would provide information and, who knows, inspiration to others who find themselves in a similar situation.

In my next post I will provide some idea of my injuries and my progress to date. Beyond that I know no more than anyone else at this point.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home