Thursday, February 15, 2007

It's off




After a bit of a panic when I thought I might have damaged the break site again, the XRays were encouraging today and the frame is now off.
I posted a few of the photos of the process which was a bit painful but I did get another "bravery lollipop" for being good. I didn't need the gas & air but it was more painful than last week, especially where the pin sites were infected.
It does feel strange and I have to take it very easy for the next few weeks, but it's amazing how quickly your leg adjusts. It really does feel better already!
The foot is at a bit of an angle, but that can be adjusted later if really required (yes, that would mean another lizzie), but I need to find out how things settle down when I start using it again first.
Thanks to everyone for their best wishes. Let's hope that things continue to get better.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home