Sunday, October 08, 2006

Patience

I feel that I am now on the period where patience is the key to getting by. I'm working on the neccesary activities to get the original fracture site to heal, but otherwise it's just a matter of getting back to as normal a routine as possible. The next set of X-rays in a couple of weeks time will give me a clue as to how things are going.
I'm able to do short walks with no crutches and longer ones with just one, but these are still too short to be of practical use other than around the house. Any walking does take it out of me and makes things ache a bit.
At least I'm able to get to work, including visits to customers, and also to my french classes. Last Friday I met up with many of my former work colleagues for a few beers which was a real treat. Social interraction is key to coping with the situation and although I am happy to be pretty solitary I really do enjoy chances to meet up with friends.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home