Tuesday, March 01, 2011

Wild Challenge 2011 - Am I mad?

It's been a long time since my last post and things generally continue to improve. If it weren't for my inherent laziness I'm sure I'd be fitter by now, but I'm doing more walking now including a nice little trip to the French Alps last September.
However, when the chance arose to do something really silly to focus my attention on getting fit I just had to go for it.
In September 2011 I will be taking part in the Princes Trust Wild UK Challenge which involves Walking, Kayaking and Cycling about 100 miles from the North Somerset Coast to the South Devon Coast in two and a half days. I've not done anything on this scale since I was a student, so this would be a big deal even if I hadn't been through a few medical problems over the last few years.
In any event, I'm in light training now and will gradually ramp this up so I can hopefully be ready in September.
If anyone would like to provide some moral (OK, financial!) support, my sponsorship page is: http://my.artezglobal.com/personalPage.aspx?registrationID=343184&langPref=en-CA
Wish me luck. Please.

1 Comments:

Blogger Annie said...

I am so unbelievably proud of you uncle Martin, reading through your blog in incredible. It should be made into a book.

I will sponsor you on pay day. love you x

8:34 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home