Thursday, February 23, 2006

Office visit

Spent a very enjoyable couple of hours in the office today just catching up with people and seeing what the problems might be when I can get back to work. Frankly, I can't see any major issues and strange as it may seem I really miss work and can't wait to get back at least part time.
Maggie has been on half term this week so was able to give me a lift. She squeezed this in between 2 days at school and piles of marking. So much for holidays.
The wound continues to heal and the bone is well covered now, the hole appears to be less than half it's original depth. Rachael did the vacuum dressing yesterday and made it so airtight that the pump has hardly made a nois since. I think it must have been the silence that stopped me sleeping last night.
Looking forward to going back to Sheffield on Monday to find out how close we are to fixing up the skin graft. As best I can tell the MRSA is still alive and well in my foot, so we can cjat about that on Monday too.
I'm reducing my painkiller dosage slowly. Initially I cut down on the DF118 (dihydrocodeine) and am now reducing the paracetamol. I was never comfortable taking the maximum daily dose because so many other preparations contain paracetamol and the effects of an overdose are very unpleasant.
Walking with a single crutch going well, but it makes the muscles in my side ache so I think I may need to look at my posture and the length of the crutch. Still, plenty of time for that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home